Oil-free bearings are a new type of lubricated bearings, with the characteristics of metal bearings and oil-free bearings. It is loaded with metal matrix and lubricated with special solid lubricating materials.
It has the characteristics of high bearing capacity, impact resistance, high temperature resistance and strong self-lubricating ability. It is especially suitable for occasions where it is difficult to lubricate and form oil film, such as heavy load, low speed, reciprocating or swinging, and is not afraid of water corrosion and other acid corrosion.
Widely used in metallurgical continuous casting machines, steel rolling equipment, mining machinery, ships, steam turbines, hydraulic turbines, injection molding machines and equipment production lines.
Oil-free bearing means that the bearing can work normally without oil or less oil, rather than completely oil-free.
Advantages of oil-free bearings
In order to reduce the internal friction and wear of most bearings and prevent burning and sticking, lubricating oil must be added to ensure the smooth and reliable operation of the bearings to extend the fatigue life of the bearings;
Eliminate environmental pollution caused by leakage;
Suitable for heavy load, low speed, reciprocating or swinging occasions where it is difficult to lubricate and form oil film;
It is also not afraid of water corrosion and other acid corrosion;
Inlaid bearings not only save fuel and energy, but also have a longer service life than ordinary sliding bearings.
Precautions for installing oil-free bearing
The installation of oil-free bearing is the same as other bearings, some details need to be noted:
(1) Determine whether there are bulges, protrusions, etc. on the mating surface of the shaft and the shaft shell.
(2) Whether there is dust or sand on the surface of bearing housing.
(3) Although there are slight scratches, protrusions, etc., they should be removed with oilstone or fine sandpaper.
(4) In order to avoid collision during loading, a small amount of lubricating oil shall be added to the surface of shaft and shaft shell.
(5) The hardness of oil-free bearing due to overheating shall not exceed 100 degrees.
(6) The retainer and sealing plate of oil-free bearing shall not be forced.
Post time: Aug-22-2020